The Pre-Cruise Refit
- Bloemsma & Van Breemen built the boat as Patriot in 2003.
- The Derecktor Yard in Dania Beach, Florida, was used for the refit, which took 20 months.
- The original crew lounge was turned into a third crew cabin to accommodate an ice pilot and naturalist.
- Helm electronics were upgraded for remote-location cruising.
- Hull paint was redone.
- Naiad zero-speed stabilizers were added.
- About 25,000 pounds of weight (including an oversize anchor chain) was removed from the bow.